BizBritain (we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our site users seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use. By using the BizBritain website, you accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Information we may collect from you
We do not require that visitors reveal any personal information in order to access our website; however we may collect and process the following personal information under certain circumstances:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on the website. This includes information provided at the time of registering. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- If you contact us by email we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the resources that you access.
How we will use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To send you emails, newsletters or provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- For our internal purposes, such as research and analysis, reporting, quality control, website performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our website, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
IP Addresses and Cookies
From any point after you have entered our website we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
This information provides statistical data about our visitors browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our site.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your particulars.
We will also permit the Google Analytics service to collect cookies during the time you use our website. In summary, these cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the website.
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our website.
- Track how you have been visiting the website.
- Track how you came to access the website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer.
To find out more on cookies generally and about how to restrict or block the cookies this site uses, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Cookies are used throughout our website and disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the site. If you want to disable Cookies please follow the instructions below (if your browser isn’t covered please consult the instructions for your browser):
Managing cookies in Microsoft IE 6, IE 7 and IE 8:
- In the browser, choose Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Adjust the ‘Settings’ slider to ‘Medium’ or below to enable cookies, or adjust towards the top to disable all cookies.
Managing cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- In the browser, choose Firefox (or ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window) and select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Check the box labelled ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to enable to cookies, or uncheck it to disable cookies
- Click OK
Managing cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu (Mac) or Edit menu (Windows), click Preferences
- From the Security dialog box > Accept Cookies, to enable cookies click to select ‘Always’, or click to select ‘Never’ to disable cookies.
- Click Close
Managing cookies in Google Chrome
- Click the ‘wrench’ icon
- Click Options
- Select the ‘Under the Hood’ tab
- Under ‘Cookie Settings’ select ‘Allow all cookies’ from the drop-down to enable cookies, or ‘Block all cookies’ to disable cookies.
- Click ‘Close’